You can learn a lot in 60 seconds. Especially about science. Scientific American produces some amazing “60 Second Science” podcasts that are definitely worth exploring, subscribing to, and sharing with students. With titles such as “Microbes Make Some People Smell Delicious to Mosquitos” and “It’s Plain the Rain Ups Chili Peppers’ Pain,” not only are they highly informative, they’re great discussion starters, too.
Access the complete list of 60 Second science podcasts here. And check out all of Scientific American’s podcasts here. The full list includes 60 Second health, 60 Second space, 60 Second technology, and more!
My own students are putting the finishing touches on their versions of these podcasts for our astronomy unit, so stay tuned, I’ll be sharing those soon.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.
@EngagingEd on Twitter
- Gretchen Gaspar on Using Diigo as a Search Engine
- Ellie Dix on Learn Something New: Five Great Podcasts for Teachers
- aman sagar on Fresh and New Friday: Interactive Images With Thinglink
- Kate Nisha on QR Codes Bring Art and Poetry to Life
- Kate Nisha on Surging Forward: Scan and Deliver with QR Codes